Signs Your Home’s Driveway Needs to be Replaced
Unfortunately, even the nicest homes are not immune to driveway issues. Eventually, your driveway’s surface will become uneven or cracked, and it will need to be replaced with a new one if you want your home’s curb appeal to remain intact. Driveway signs are often overlooked when it comes to home maintenance. But when you start noticing these signs, you should know that your driveway needs to be replaced.
A driveway should be replaced if it is badly damaged, the concrete has begun to crack or spall, or if a sinkhole has formed. Cracks and broken slabs can cause damage to the underlying soil and support structures as well, causing more expensive issues in the long run. If you have any major issues with your driveway, the best course is probably a replacement but the professionals at AM Construction & Concrete can advise if repair or replacement is the best option.
Signs that can give you a heads up that you need repair/replacement in the near future:
- Cracks in the driveway: Most small cracks can be repaired but larger cracks will most likely mean replacement is needed.
- Potholes: Like cracks, minor holes can usually be repaired. But larger ones mean replacement is needed.
- Sunken spots: If your driveway is sinking, it may be possible to level it out.
- Crumbling spots or edges: It crumbling at the edges, it may be repairable.
- It’s older than 15 years: Your driveway should last about 15 years on average. So if you’re nearing the lifespan and noticing any of the above signs, you’ll want to start prepping for a new driveway.
Why Your Home Needs a New Driveway
For a home, the driveway is the first impression. It is what your guests see when they arrive and it’s what you see when you pull up to your home.
There are many benefits of a new driveway for your home. Some people choose to have a new driveway because their old one has cracked or broken concrete, which can lead to water damage and foundation issues in the long run. Other people install a new driveway just because they want a fresh look and to add curb appeal to their home. A new driveway is especially beneficial if you plan on selling your home anytime in the near future. You can also add stamped concrete patterns or color your driveway to make it even more aesthetically pleasing.
Hire The Best Driveway Construction Team In Merced
At AM Construction & Concrete, we take pride in all of the work that we do and we go the extra mile to ensure your experience is top-notch. Our experts have the knowledge, tools, and experience to build you a driveway of any shape or size. Additionally, we can add patterns, colors, or textures to give your driveway some personality and add curb appeal to your home. Reach out to one of our experts now for a free quote or to ask a question.