Retaining Wall Contractor - Merced, CA
We’re Here For You
Get a Free Instant Quote Now
Retaining walls prevent soil erosion and can be the perfect way to keep your property from sliding away or being washed away by a storm.
However, unless professionally installed you’ll end up with an unsafe and unsightly retaining wall that will need to be replaced at high cost in the future.
With years of retaining wall experience, AM Construction & Concrete has served Central Valley, CA, and can create an attractive retaining wall for your property. With professional installation and quality materials, our retaining walls are designed to last for decades!
Give us a call now for a free quote!
What Are Concrete Retaining Walls?
A concrete retaining wall is a type of retaining wall construction used to support land against flooding or erosion. A concrete retaining wall is constructed around or along the top of a slope (as can be encountered in gardens, parks, and roads) or around a hillside. It is often used as a method of stabilizing soil on hillslopes.
They can be made out of reinforced concrete or precast concrete. Precast concrete walls are made in the form of either slabs, panels, blocks, or tubes. While retaining walls can be built entirely from precast concrete, the use of reinforced concrete has also gained popularity.
To determine the best type of concrete for your retaining wall, give us a call. One of our contractors will review your property and help you determine the best materials for the project.
Why Install a Retaining Wall at Your Home?
There are several other reasons to install a retaining wall including:
- Control erosion from water and other weather elements
- Protect your property from flooding and landslides
- Prevent soil from sliding down slopes and onto your property
- Aesthetic appeal of a well-designed landscape garden retaining wall
- Increase safety around structures of your property by preventing soil from going underneath them
How to Choose a Retaining Wall Contractor
When you are looking for a retaining wall contractor, there are a few factors to keep in mind.
- The experience of the contractors: You want to make sure that the company you choose has experience with the type of retaining wall that you need. If they have done it before, it means they know how to do it and you won’t need to worry about them making mistakes on your job site.
- The contractor’s licenses and certifications: You should also make sure that the company has all the necessary licenses and certifications for your state or city.
- The contractors’ pricing: When you are choosing a retaining wall contractor, always remember that price is not everything! But you do want to make sure that they can provide quality work at an affordable price.
How Are Concrete Retaining Walls Installed?
Concrete retaining walls are built using the following steps:
- Planning the construction of a concrete wall.
- Excavating the area where a wall will be constructed.
- Preparing soil for backfilling and compacting it tightly.
- Drilling holes in precast concrete panels for placing rebar or reinforcing steel bars to reinforce them later during construction.
- Welding joints and adding insulation inside precast panels.
- Backfilling precast panels and starting construction of the wall.
- Placing concrete blocks in a predetermined pattern to form a retaining wall.
- Bonding reinforcement bars, reinforcing ties, grouts, and post-tensioning rods in reinforced concrete walls.
- Cleaning up worksite once the construction is completed and making all the necessary changes if needed to fit site conditions accurately.
Hire The Best For Your Retaining Wall Project
AM Construction & Construction has a team of experts with the knowledge, tools, and experience to build your retaining walls up to code and ensure they last long into the future. For a free quote on your project, give us a call today.
Our Expert Team Is Available Now
Give Us a Call & Get a Free Instant Quote Now